< BACK | Mission: Moon Shot
- Entering 8-9 Grade
- 6 Days / 5 Overnights
- Price: $599*
Congratulations for being chosen as an “Astro Recruit” of the Ad Astra Program!
In Mission: Moon Shot, campers will work to successfully complete a mission to observe the Moon from lunar orbit. From information gathered during the mission, Astro Recruits will understand how the Moon’s surface can be utilized for further space exploration. During this Cosmosphere Camp experience, campers will launch high-powered rockets, program a drone to map the Moon’s surface, and produce a press-conference where they will report their findings from the mission. Building on life skills from previous camps, Astro Recruits will work to overcome obstacles and focus on career paths like Journalism and Communications, Audio & Video Production and Information Technology Systems.
- Complete a mission to orbit the Moon using both the Cosmosphere’s Mission Control Center and featuring the NEW Astralis capsule-based simulator modeled after the NASA Orion capsule
- Explore rocketry through air, water and high powered rocket launches
- Plan and conduct a live press conference for Mission: Astro Lab astronauts
- Train like an astronaut on Cosmosphere equipment like the 4-G Centrifuge, the Multi-Axis Trainer (MAT) and a Russian Soyuz Spacecraft Simulator
- Program robots and fly drones to complete specific tasks
- Experience the Liquid Galaxy digital 3D mapping system
- Dive into exciting worlds using virtual reality technology
- Build team communication and problem solving skills on Cosmosphere’s Low Ropes Course
Career Clusters Focus:
- Arts, A/V Tech and Communications
- Education and Training
- Information Technology
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- June 1-6, 2020 This session has been removed.
- June 8-13, 2020 This session has been removed.
- June 22-27, 2020 This session has been removed.
- July 6-11, 2020
- July 13-18, 2020
- July 27-August 1, 2020
REGISTER NOW! You can register for this camp by SIGNING UP for a free profile on this portal or LOGGING IN to the portal if you already have a profile. If you have any questions, you can CONTACT US and we'll help you out!
* A $50 registration fee will be added to each camp at checkout.