< BACK | Mission: Lunar Trek
- Entering 10-11 Grade
- 6 Days / 5 Overnights
- Price: $999*
Having proven that life is possible in outer space, in Mission: Lunar Trek, Astro Recruits shift focus to landing humans on the Moon, then work to support future habitation through successful lunar development. Campers will study architecture and construction principles in order to build tourism infrastructure once they arrive on the Moon, while also practicing financial fundamentals like budgeting as they plan lunar construction. Traversing the Moon’s surface proves difficult, so campers will compete in an advanced robotics challenge to develop the best mode of lunar exploration transportation. In preparation of their mission to land on the Moon, Astro Recruits will gain first-hand knowledge of the principles of aviation by experiencing powered flights.
- Complete a mission to land on the Moon using both the Cosmosphere’s Mission Control Center and featuring the NEW Astralis capsule-based simulator modeled after the NASA Orion capsule
- Compete in an advanced robotics rover challenge
- Get first-hand knowledge on the physics of flight with powered airplane training and flight in a single-engine airplane
- Plan and host a pre-launch reception for Mission: Martian Base astronauts
- Train like an astronaut on Cosmosphere equipment like the 4-G Centrifuge, the Multi-Axis Trainer (MAT) and a Russian Soyuz Spacecraft Simulator
- Program robots and fly drones to complete specific tasks
- Experience the Liquid Galaxy digital 3D mapping system
- Dive into exciting worlds using virtual reality technology
- Build team communication and problem solving skills on Cosmosphere’s Low Ropes Course
Career Clusters Focus:
- Architecture and Construction
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
- June 15-20, 2020
- July 20-25, 2020
REGISTER NOW! You can register for this camp by SIGNING UP for a free profile on this portal or LOGGING IN to the portal if you already have a profile. If you have any questions, you can CONTACT US and we'll help you out!
* A $50 registration fee will be added to each camp at checkout.